Lismore and Eilean Musdile, Scotland, United Kingdom
The Lighthouse is situated on the small island of Eilean Musdile, separated from the Island of Lismore by a quarter mile broad sound. Eilean Musdile or Mansedale was purchased in 1830, from Charles Campell Esquire of Combie for 500£, in order to erect the lighthouse. The lighthouse, which has been operated since October 1833 has a range of 17 nautical miles and not only helps the traffic toward Isleay, Luing and Mull, but also opened up the Firth of Lorne and Loch Linnhe for entrance to the Caledonian Canal. In June 1965 the operation of the lighthouse was changed from manual to automatic and the last lighthouse keepers withdrawn.