Kerrera, Scotland, United Kingdom
The history of the castle goes back to the early medieval Dalriadic Kingdom of Lorn, before it was baught by the MacDougal Clan.
The last clan chief to live at the castle was Iain
Ciar, who, after fighting for the lost cause of the Jacobites, got imprisoned and later pardoned to return to the castle. Sometime before 1744 the castle became inhabitable and the roof was taken down to save taxes. In 1745 the castle was given to Alexander Ciar, the 23rd chief of the MacDougals and son of Iain, who used stones from the castle to built the 1745 houses.
uuid="6E8C0BA8-988F-49EC-981A-E3A572BABEF2" id="United Kingdom lilleulven.com _K3_9128.dng Scotland Lilleulven.com"